Skip to the content
Choose your content
UK NI Scotland Wales

Join us Login Forum Media enquiries
Choose your content
UK NI Scotland Wales

Consider asking your MP/MS/MSP/MLA/councillor to:

  • speak at a virtual meeting on carers’ rights
  • provide a link to your local group, or information about the day, on their website or social media
  • some politicians write columns in their local paper – why not ask them to write about carers and mention your event?

Find out who your local politicians are at

When contacting politicians, remember these key points:

  • Identify yourself as a local organisation, or explain that you are a carer in their area, and make sure you state that you cover, live or work in their constituency.
  • Keep the message brief but do enclose any relevant reports or information. You may find it useful to refer to our latest State of Caring findings and our facts and figures about carers.
  • Be clear about what you are asking them to do.
  • Request a reply.

You may also want to refer your local politicians to our website for information, or give them contact details for Laura Bennett, Head of Policy and Public Affairs at Carers UK:

Back to top