An Events Volunteer helps out at challenge and promotional events which raise funds and awareness for Carers UK – ensuring that all events are a success, fun and run smoothly.
What you'll get out of it
You’ll get to experience some of our biggest events, have fun and get to know new people in your community.
You’ll play a vital part in making sure all events are a success and that all participants and guests enjoy the day.
You’ll also have the satisfaction of making a real difference to carers’ lives.
You don’t need any previous experience. As an Events Volunteer, your volunteering could include any of the following:
- Helping set up a cheer point at a race or sporting event, cheering on and congratulating participants, helping out at refreshment stands or post-event parties and generally supporting on the day.
- Running Carers UK information stands at promotional events, conferences or local volunteer fairs. This may involve helping with set-up, registration and offering a warm welcome to those attending.
- You could even organise your own event or set up an information stand at an event in your area. If you have any ideas for an event where you live, then please do get in touch.
The skills you need
- a friendly personality
- great communication skills
- the confidence to use your initiative
- a passion for improving support for carers
- flexibility and a willingness to 'muck in'.
How we will support you
As well as giving you the Carers UK Volunteering Handbook, two weeks before your event we will email you about what to expect on the day.
There will also be a face-to-face briefing when you arrive with all the information and support you’ll need to help make the day a success. Where appropriate, you will also receive a Carers UK ‘Events Team Kit’.
You’ll also receive monthly e-newsletters with the latest volunteering news and have the option to join our regular volunteer meetups via Zoom.
We will let you know in advance the time commitment required. You can take part in as many or as few events as you like. Events tend to take place during the day at weekends.
How to apply
To find out more, download the role description.
To sign up for the role, click the button below.
We will be in touch within seven working days to discuss your application. All volunteers must be over 18 years old.
If you have any further questions please email us at email@example.com
Historic day for unpaid carers as Carer’s Leave Bill receives Royal Assent
A Bill that gives employees across Great Britain the right to take unpaid leave from work to care for older,…
Carer’s Leave Bill: one step away from becoming law
The Carer’s Leave Bill has today successfully passed its third reading in the House of Lords, meaning it is now…
Statement on the independent evaluation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act / Datganiad ar werthusiad annibynnol o Ddeddf Gwasanaethau Cymdeithasol a Llesiant (Cymru).
Carers UK wins student volunteering award from top London university
Carers UK is delighted to have won the LSE Voluntary Organisation of the Year Award for 2023. Over the past…
Got a question about caring?
Every day we hear from people who need help with looking after a friend or family member
Become a member for free
Joining Carers UK is free and takes just a few minutes.