Carers UK wants a society that recognises, values and supports carers.
We’re here to make life better for carers:
- We give expert advice, information and support.
- We connect carers so no one has to care alone.
- We campaign together for lasting change.
- We innovate to find new ways to reach and support carers.
Carers are at the heart of everything we do. We are:
- we welcome everyone and are always supportive and ready to help
- we listen carefully and respond with expertise and understanding
- we’re courageous and innovative, aiming high and seeking out new ideas and opportunities that take us forward
- we are always learning and improving, pushing boundaries to increase our impact
- we are passionate about what we do and tenacious in our pursuit of change
- we adapt to new challenges and are always striving for excellence
- we love to collaborate and enjoy working with others to reach our goals.
Historic day for unpaid carers as Carer’s Leave Bill receives Royal Assent
24 May 23
A Bill that gives employees across Great Britain the right to take unpaid leave from work to care for older,…
Carer’s Leave Bill: one step away from becoming law
19 May 23
The Carer’s Leave Bill has today successfully passed its third reading in the House of Lords, meaning it is now…
Statement on the independent evaluation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act / Datganiad ar werthusiad annibynnol o Ddeddf Gwasanaethau Cymdeithasol a Llesiant (Cymru).
18 May 23
Carers UK wins student volunteering award from top London university
05 May 23
Carers UK is delighted to have won the LSE Voluntary Organisation of the Year Award for 2023. Over the past…
Got a question about caring?
Every day we hear from people who need help with looking after a friend or family member
Become a member for free
Joining Carers UK is free and takes just a few minutes.