We're aware of some scams on social media and via platforms such as WhatsApp with unsolicited messages claiming to be recruiters acting for charities, including Carers UK. If you receive one of these messages we recommend you do not engage with it, delete the message and consider blocking the sender. Our vacancies are all available on this page and we don't use recruitment services in this way.
At Carers UK, we are passionate about diversity and inclusion and offering equal opportunities. We positively and actively welcome applications from everyone. We strive for our staff group to reflect our stakeholders and the society that we serve. We strive to create a workplace where our colleagues and volunteers can truly be themselves and feel like they belong and constantly seek to ensure all voices are heard.
At Carers UK we live and breathe our values which is why we have a values recognition scheme, which is colleague led to celebrate and recognise our colleagues and the dedicated work that they do.
At Carers UK we are committed to employee wellbeing. We value and support our staff and therefore offer flexible and hybrid working from day one of employment, as well as access to an employee assistance programme and a whole range of additional benefits as listed below.
- A work-life balance commitment with flexible working options from day one with a truly flexible working culture
- Hybrid working – vary your working location and hours to achieve your best performance and positive work-life balance
- 24-hour free and confidential access to our Employee Assistance Programme with BUPA
- A commitment to employee wellbeing, including Wellbeing Wednesdays
- A welcoming, supportive and inclusive working environment
- A values scheme
- Family friendly inclusive policies
- Four Equality, Diversity and Inclusion employee networking groups championed by our senior management team including LGBTQ+; Neurodiversity and Disability; Faith, Racial Equality and Culture; and Carers and Parents
- Social events including weekly quizzes
- Annual staff conference
- Monthly all staff meetings.
- Generous annual leave allowance rising with long service
- An additional three paid days off at Christmas
- Up to 10 days paid carers leave per year (pro rata)
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- TOIL (time off in lieu)
- Special leave.
- 6% pension scheme
- Eye test vouchers and glasses vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme after six months service
- Free life insurance scheme two times annual salary
- Organisational sick pay scheme
- Financial wellbeing webinars
- Free flu vaccinations.
Learning and development
- A commitment to employee learning and development
- Thorough induction and onboarding programme
- Buddy scheme
- Full access to an online learning management system suite of e-learning courses for personal and professional development
- Regular HR training sessions
- Awareness sessions and HR emails
- Role specific training
- Mentoring scheme
- Full access to the digital resource for carers
- Appraisal scheme
Job type: Voluntary - 10-12 days per annum
Closing date: Tuesday 2 January, 10am