One in seven people in the workplace combine work with caring for someone. Many of them don’t know where to turn to for help.
As a Workplace Champion, you are the vital link between Carers UK and your colleagues. You’ll spread the word about caring and raise awareness of Carers UK in your workplace.
By promoting events and campaigns, you’ll be able to signpost those looking for support to the services and expert information on offer.
What will you get out of it?
Volunteering as a Workplace Champion is a great opportunity to meet new colleagues, develop your organisational skills, get creative and make a real difference to carers' lives.
- By putting up posters and sharing information, you’ll signpost colleagues who may be caring to our website where they can find support and information.
- You’ll publicise our high-profile national awareness campaigns such as Carers Week and Carers Rights Day, flag exciting fundraising opportunities, and use your people skills to get your colleagues involved.
- You know your office better than we do. We’d love you to come up with ideas for events and activities – from a breakfast club or bake sale to running an information stand or holding a quiz night. Let us know your ideas!
The skills you need
- A passion for motivating people and getting them involved.
- An understanding of what makes your workplace tick.
- Knowing the procedures and protocols of your office.
- The ability to think creatively.
- An interest in making life better for carers.
How will we support you
As well as your Induction and Volunteer Handbook, you can join our Volunteering Facebook Group if you want to, where you can keep up to date with all the latest news and share tips and experiences with your fellow volunteers. You can also use it to contact the Volunteering Team, who will be supporting you all the way.
This is a flexible role, though we suggest that you offer a minimum of two hours volunteering a month depending on our campaigns and events.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click the button below and fill in the short form. Download the role profile for more information.
If you’re interested in other volunteer opportunities to support Carers UK, please click here for more information.
If you have any questions about becoming a Workplace Champion, or volunteering in general, please contact the Carers UK Volunteering Team on 020 7378 4989 (weekdays, 9am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Carers UK responds to latest ONS data on unpaid care and employment
Carers UK responds to 2021 Census data on unpaid care and employment in England and Wales.
Carers UK responds to the Family Resource Survey
Today, the Family Resources Survey was published with new insights and data on unpaid care, helping us to better understand…
Majority of unpaid carers worry about whether their loved ones are getting good nutrition and hydration
Carers UK is releasing research which uncovers a lack of confidence in how to address malnutrition and under-nutrition amongst unpaid…
Carers UK responds to the Chancellor’s Spring Budget
Today’s Spring Budget was unveiled by The Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rt. Hon. Jeremy Hunt MP. Carers UK is disappointed…
Got a question about caring?
Every day we hear from people who need help with looking after a friend or family member
Become a member for free
Joining Carers UK is free and takes just a few minutes.