What will you get out of it?
You will be there for carers through your social media accounts, reaching those who may not realise they’re caring. As many carers seek help and advice online, this role is a chance for you to make a difference without leaving the comfort of your sofa.
You’ll also have the chance to develop your IT and communication skills along the way.
- You’ll share a selection of social media posts from an online toolkit you’ll receive via email each month.
- You’ll help to signpost carers to Carers UK online.
- You’ll feedback about your social media posts and how valuable people have found them.
- You’ll help to develop future online content packs for volunteers with your feedback and reporting.
The skills you'll need
- A good knowledge of at least one social media platform
- Access to a computer, tablet, or phone with internet access
- Excellent online communication skills
- A friendly personality
How we will support you
As well as the Carers UK volunteering handbook, you will have regular monthly contact with the volunteer team to provide you with support and guidance throughout.
You will also have an invite to the monthly online volunteer meetup and access to the Carers UK Volunteers Facebook group.
This role is very flexible. You will be required to share the content sent in the monthly Online Awareness Raiser email but when you decide to do this is up to you. We do require all of our volunteers to report once a month on their activity.
How to apply
To find out more, download the role description. To sign up for the role, click the button below.
We will be in touch within seven working days to discuss your application. All volunteers must be over 18 years old.
If you have any further questions please email us at email@example.com