Are you enthusiastic? Are you passionate about making life better for carers? Do you want to use your links within your community to help Carers UK raise vital funds?
This role is a fantastic way to be connected to your local community and make new friends whilst raising money on behalf of Carers UK in your local area.
What you will get out of it?
You’ll be able to gain fundraising skills, meet new people, add value to your local community and gain skills in event management.
There are lots of different aspects to this role and you are welcome to choose which activities to take on, depending on your interests and time commitment. These include:
- raise awareness of Carers UK and how people can support us by giving talks or running an information stand
- place collection tins in your local shops/ businesses
- promote our fundraising campaigns and appeals
- build links with local groups or businesses who could fundraise for Carers UK eg sports clubs and faith-based organisations
The skills you’ll need
- be pro-active and enthusiastic
- have good organisational skills
- be confident with numbers and comfortable with cash handling
- good knowledge of local area and the ability to build links in your community
- a passion for improving support for carers
- flexibility and willingness.
How we will support you
As well as the Carers UK Volunteering Handbook and your Community Fundraising Volunteer Toolkit, you will gain direct support from the Fundraising Team which will include a one-to-one introductory phone call when you first sign up.
You will also receive training on fundraising procedures relevant to the activity you decide to promote/ undertake, plus regular volunteer newsletters, able to join our Volunteer Facebook Group and invites to our regular volunteer meetups.
This role is very flexible and is designed to fit around your lifestyle and interests. How much time you give depends on you!
How to apply
To find out more, download the role description. To sign up for the role, click the button below.
We will be in touch within seven working days to discuss your application. All volunteers must be over 18 years old.
If you have any further questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org