[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers Providing A Sexual Service!!!! - Carers UK Forum

Carers Providing A Sexual Service!!!!

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
On the BBC disability forum someone asked if it was reasonable to ask their paid carer to masturbate them, as due to their disability they were unable to perform this activity themselves! I was gobsmacked that anyone should even think of asking a carer to do this, sexual services are definitely NOT in their remit! What do others think?
On the BBC disability forum someone asked if it was reasonable to ask their paid carer to masturbate them, as due to their disability they were unable to perform this activity themselves! I was gobsmacked that anyone should even think of asking a carer to do this, sexual services are definitely NOT in their remit! What do others think?
It's illegal to pay for sexual services, surely???
It's illegal to pay for sexual services, surely???
Good point, although the poster implied that it should be included as part of the personal care package!!!!!
I don't think that it's appropriate to use your paid carer to provide these services, it raises questions of abuse on both sides of the equation, but people with disabilities of all kinds have the same needs as the rest of the human race and this includes sexual needs so I don't think that it's unreasonable to wish to have them met, the problem is how. I'm sure that I heard a programme on Radio 4 some time back where this was discussed and there were paid or voluntary sex workers willing to provide the service.

I'll probably be excommunicated now for this post Image . And kicked off the board which has given me four asterisks for the word "s e x", can't it count Image Image Image? Oh, and how is it that "masturbate" is allowed but not "s e x"?
I don't think that it's appropriate to use your paid carer to provide these services, it raises questions of abuse on both sides of the equation, but people with disabilities of all kinds have the same needs as the rest of the human race and this includes sexual needs so I don't think that it's unreasonable to wish to have them met, the problem is how. I'm sure that I heard a programme on Radio 4 some time back where this was discussed and there were paid or voluntary **** workers willing to provide the service.

I'll probably be excommunicated now for this post Image . And kicked off the board which has given me four asterisks for the word "s e x", can't it count Image Image Image? Oh, and how is it that "masturbate" is allowed but not "s e x"?
I am of the opinion that no one has the right to have their sexual needs met, it shouldn't be provided on the NHS that is for sure!
Most people have their sexual needs met through a loving relationship, for many people with disabilities this is never likely to be a possibility. Having sexual feelings is a basic instinct, without it as a species we'd be extinct, some people aren't particularly concerned whether they have sexual relationships or relief, have moral or religious beliefs relating to the issue or have low libido, others don't. What I would do in this situation isn't something that I would impose on someone else, if they have a physical and psychological need for sexual relief then I believe that they should make their own choice whether to fulfil that need or ignore it as long as the means of meeting it is consensual between two consenting adults and harms no-one. The care worker issue is rather different, this is an employer/employee relationship where s e x would not normally form part of the contract and is therefore susceptible to abuse on both sides.
This has reminded me of old dolls friend who was headmaster at rather posh private school near Windsor as you know all new boys and parents have to be interviewed by the beak anywho this couple entered headships office and said "good afternoon head iam DAVID BATES this is my wife JOYCE BATES and my son master bates " "dont worry" said the head "we`ll soon put a stop to that "

GEORGE Image Image Image
This has reminded me of old dolls friend who was headmaster at rather posh private school near Windsor as you know all new boys and parents have to be interviewed by the beak anywho this couple entered headships office and said "good afternoon head iam DAVID BATES this is my wife JOYCE BATES and my son master bates " "dont worry" said the head "we`ll soon put a stop to that "

GEORGE Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Hi Geoge
And when he started work did he have to work a week in hand?.
John

Image Image Image Image