Join our supportive online community for unpaid carers
Open 24/7, Carers Connect is an online forum for Carers UK members where you can talk about anything related to caring.
Whether you want to chat with other carers, ask questions or simply get how you're feeling off your chest, you’ll find support from people who understand.
I no longer feel as lonely since joining this space.” (Carers Connect user)
Our community is open to all carers over the age of 18 and is moderated by Carers UK volunteers and staff. Anyone can browse Carers Connect and read posts, but you will need to be a Carers UK member to post.
Not a member yet? Join us for free.
Getting the most out of Carers Connect
New to Carers Connect and want to know how to get started? Our guidance can help.
To help everyone feel safe and supported on our forum, we ask all Carers Connect users to:
- be respectful and supportive
- be sensitive to how others may be feeling
- use Carers Connect primarily to give and receive support
- help to make Carers Connect easy to use for other members.
If you are new to Carers Connect, why not say a little about yourself and what prompted you to join? To do this:
- Click on the ‘New to Carers Connect’ category
- Click on ‘+ New Topic’
- Type a title such as ‘I’m new here’
- Type your message
- Click on the blue ‘+'
To help you stay safe online, we suggest you don't share too many personal details - such as your full name and address.
As well as adding your own posts, we encourage you to join in the conversation and interact with others. Here’s how to reply to an existing thread:
- Click on the topic you wish to respond to.
- Below any of the posts in the topic, click on ‘Reply’.
- Type your message and click on the blue ‘Reply’ button.
If you want to show someone support or encouragement, click on the heart symbol below the post to 'like' it.
Help with logging in
Visit our login page and click on the ‘Forgotten Password?’ link.
Enter the email you used to register with us. You should receive a password reset email in a few minutes – if you don't receive this, please check your junk mail.
Click on the link to reset your password. Remember – your password must be at least 10 characters long and contain at least one special character (! $ $ & * ? %).
Once you’ve reset your password, click 'Return to login'. You should now be able to log in with your username and new password.
Visit our login page and click on the ‘Forgotten Username?’ link.
Enter the email you used to register with us. You should receive a username reminder email in a few minutes – if you don't receive this, please check your junk mail.
You should now be able to log in with your username and password.
Sorry you’re having trouble logging in – here are our tips to help:
- Double check that you have typed in your username and password correctly. Your username is different to your email address. You can request a username reminder if you can’t remember it.
- Make sure your browser hasn’t automatically saved an old password – you may need to clear your cache to stop this.
- Make sure you are using a secure enough password. Your password must be at least 10 characters long and contain at least one special character. Examples of special characters include ! $ $ & * ? %
If you are still having log in difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more information and support?
If you need information and advice related to your caring role, our Help and Advice pages cover a range of topics relevant to carers, including financial support, practical help, health, wellbeing and more.
You can also contact our Helpline at email@example.com