help with dropped kerb or advice on grants

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
i did post a message on here and had some great replies but i have not been able to make any progress..i am hoping that someone may be able to help us again.i am a carer for my wife .she gets higher rate dla and all the other benefits we are entitled to.but we need help on having a kerb dropped and is it possible to get help or a grant towards the cost of having it done

any advice would be of great use to us

Hi Colin

I can't remember if we suggested CarersLine to you or not. CarersLine is our free advice line for carers - its open Weds and Thurs 10-12 and 2-4pm. If there is a way for you to get this help then they should be able to find it. The number is freephone 0808 808 7777.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes
Christine - Carers UK
Hi Colin,

Did you try the highways department of your local council?

Also,try enlist the help of your councillor or MP.

Like Christine said though,ring the Carers helpline,they may have more information.

Good luck
just a quick update .we have been in touch with local counsil highways department and they have said because we have a blue badge that the cost would be half price .which is still nearly £500 .but better then full price.we have yet to have been able to contact the carers helpline but will be doing so nxt weds and hope they know of any others help or grants to have the work done.

thanx to those that posted a replie to us with help and ideas .it was most helpful.THANK YOU.WE WILL KEEP YOU IN TOUCH WITH ANY DEVELOPMENTS

thank you
Hi Colin,

We were recently told by an OT from the Council that Social Services can arrange for kerb dropping so it might be worth contacting them to see if they can help. Good luck.

Lamborghini Lm003 History