[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
caring for elderly parents - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

caring for elderly parents

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I read your message and empathise totally with how you feel - I too am in this situation - I cannot believe how my life is that of an 80 year old whilst I am only in my fifties - everything is on hold. Covid has put paid to my little respite trips out - I feel desperately trapped bitter resentful and unhappy and fed up with living a life now dominated by old age and all that entails - can never just pop out. If I do go out alone I feel guilty - guilt guilt guilt bout everything - I feel less of an ogre and now accepting this is an incredibly diffficult challenge
For the sake of your sanity you must go out. Set regular time off slots, maybe after lunch, ideally to go out, read a book, sew, whatever you like most. You cannot be forced to care. The only power mum has over you is the power you let her have. Does she have a Lifeline pendant?
When did she last have a Needs Assessment from Social Services?