[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DWP number 08000232635 - Carers UK Forum

DWP number 08000232635

All about money
Hi. I have just joined the forum having followed it regularly over the past few months. I have been getting phone calls from this number, 08000232635, which appears to be a DWP number. I have been claiming carers allowance and income support top up for a year now, and I care for my elderly friend who recieves PIP and ESA. I was wondering if anyone else had been rung by this number and for what reason. Thankyou for any help you can offer.
No idea, but it probably is the DWP. I'd be very wary of any call like this, because there are so many scammers now: I would always ask them to write, because then you have a record.
Just call the DWP from a number on one of their letters and ask them if they have been trying to contact you. They may need some info before they can proceed with your claim. Their computer should have a record if someone has rung you but got no answer
Be careful; apparently there are scam numbers which appear to be 0800 numbers if you dial 1471.
I've just googled this number. Clearly others are worried about being rung by it too. I'm with Scally, ask them to write to you so you have evidence, using a number on a previous letter from them.