[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Blue badge out of date! -Carers UK Forum

Blue badge out of date!

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Oh dear, have just been awarded a Penalty Notice for parking in a disabled person's parking space without displaying a valid blue badge. Didn't realise that the badge expired on 4th September, too busy peeling grapes and painting my fingernails. I suppose I could 'pay up and look good', or maybe try a grovelly letter first. Trouble is, there are no reminders when the blue badge needs renewing, unlike TV licences, tax discs etc. Thing is, we are entitled to a badge permanently, and were not trying to get out of paying car park fees, which I naturally do when my husband isn't with me. £70 for taking my eyes off the ball seems a bit harsh! Image
i got ticket from town and county car parks for not displaying blue badge ... cotacted them and explained that i was in a hurry and forgot .. they were really good . i was asked to send in the blue badge photo copy all done via e-mails charged dropped ....

Good morning

The appeals department are dealing with a backlog of appeals at present. You will receive a response to your appeal in due course.

Please do not worry about this as the Parking Charge Notice will be cancelled once we see the valid disabled badge.

Regards

Rana Yilmaz

Appeals Adjudicator- PCN Department
Thankyou! I hope they take a similar attitude to us. When my husband 'phoned them earlier, they said that the exempt tax disc, not to mention the obviously adapted vehicle plus wheelchair and ramp in the back were not relevant. It is not as though we are people who aren't supposed to use the space. Image
i took my mum to the GP and her badge was upside down and we got a ticket, I wrote to them complaining and they said it was cos they couldnt see the date on it, I argued if the parking guy had just looked down the windscreen it would be seen, we got let off

We get a reminder when ours is due from the local office
dont forget if you are tax exempt for vehicle licence they cant clamp you ......
My Mum's blue badge has the expiry date written on it in black marker pen, together with her details. I will make a note on my calendar to remind me now when it expires.
We get a reminder from the council too - usually about 3 months before it expires.

But do WRITE in to appeal as they have to suspend the penalty fee until a decision has been made rather than up the ante if it isn't paid within so many days.
My dad was in the same boat his badge ran out and he failed to notice and got a fine for parking in disabled bay.hes currently waiting for a new one but in the meantime he has to pay the fine and park as a normal person till the badge arrives.Its crazy that they dont remind people in advance.I guess they expect old people who sometimes cant remember what day it is yet alone what needs renewing when.Its the same with the rail card ours ran out and when we used it we were told it had expired and had to pay full fare and we promptly renewed it.Needles to say we can be on the ball and renew it in good time next year but people such as my dad cant remember that kinda thing.
i took my mum to the GP and her badge was upside down and we got a ticket, I wrote to them complaining and they said it was cos they couldnt see the date on it, I argued if the parking guy had just looked down the windscreen it would be seen, we got let off

We get a reminder when ours is due from the local office

Thats crazy Nilla even upside down a date could be read.I should think most of us can read upside down and back to front writing i think they just make excuses.
This happened to my caree recently, too. We never even got a reminder letter either, it was sent to an address we had a badge at in 2008 Image

We eventually paid the fine after they sent a letter but reading this has made me consider appealing against the fine based on the fact that he did (unwittingly) display the out of date badge - and his amputation was a little hard to miss.

We are currently awaiting the arrival of the new badge so we can renew the bus pass too. Come to think of it, why do they both run out simultaneously? that can be a big pain for our carees.