Collections are not just a great way to raise vital funds, they also raise awareness of the work that we do, and the services that we can offer to help make life better for carers.
Here are a few examples of how your collection in aid of Carers UK could help make life better for carers:
- £35 could help towards providing tailored information to a carer in desperate need of advice or a listening ear.
- £50 could provide a Carers UK volunteer with materials to support carers struggling in their community.
- £100 could provide two Carers UK Help Line workers with essential technical resources, so that when somebody needs help, they can quickly pinpoint what is available.
- In the local community: a collection box placed in a local shop, library, sports centre or other local venue is a great way to raise awareness of Carers UK within the local area.
- At home: In the UK we have around £50 million in loose change in our homes, down the back of our sofas and in our cars! Order your home collection box today and put those extra pennies to good use.
- In public: If you are planning to collect in the street, or in another public place, then there are a few guidelines that you need to follow. Have a look at our guidelines below and the Stay safe and legal page for more details.
When we send you collection materials, we will also provide you with a letter of authority showing that we are aware of and support your fundraising. This letter does not constitute official permission for any fundraising activities, so you must obtain any permits/licences where necessary from relevant authorities.
Once your box is full or your collection over, paying in your fundraising is really easy. You can:
- Pay the money in online
- Send us a cheque, made payable to Carers UK
- Pay the donation into our bank account.
You can find more information about all of these options by visiting our web page on ways to pay in your money. (Hyperlink to other ways to pay in your money web page).
Whichever way you use, make sure to let us know that you've paid in your fundraising. This helps us track where donations are coming from and makes sure your hard work receives the acknowledgement it deserves.
When you have finished collecting, or if you no longer wish to collect for Carers UK, please return the materials to:
20 Great Dover St,
Tel: 020 7378 4988
We send chaser letters out approximately four times a year so if you are happy to continue fundraising, let us know. Otherwise, please return the tin.
If you have any questions or want to share details of your fundraising, do get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org