About Carers Scotland
We're here to make life better for carers.
Working as part of Carers UK:
- we give expert advice, information and support
- we connect carers so no-one has to care alone
- we campaign together for lasting change
- we innovate to find new ways to reach and support carers.
- We're here to help carers and professionals, with expert advice on issues such as carers' benefits, community care and services for carers
- Looking after someone can be complicated. Our leaflets, booklets and newsletters give you accurate and up-to-date information so you know exactly where you stand.
Our self-advocacy toolkit is designed to ensure every carer has support to navigate a confusing system, communicate effectively and handle complex thoughts and feelings. More
Policy & campaigning
- We publish briefings on policy changes, carry out research, promote good practice, provide training and enable the exchange of infomation among our affiliated members.
- We make sure carers' voices carry to the highest level.
We provide training for carers and for people working in health and care services. Our courses include topics such as carer awareness, telehealth and the impact of legislation. They're designed to help professionals provide the best support for carers and to help carers develop knowledge, skills and resilience.