[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Incontinence - Carers UK Forum

Incontinence

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Not sure if this the right area for this post. My husband is incontinent at night. He wear pull on protective pants and I also protect to bed with a disposable sheets, and his pillows also have protective covers ,however I’m woken during the night as he is soaked through , and I need to change him , wash him, and change the bedding. What am I doing wrong. I’m exhausted with this nightly problem.
Hi, do you know if there is a continence nurse in your area? I remember using this for my brother, who was bedridden. It took ages to locate this nurse and she came and advised.
What we used was a system instead of a catheter, which consisted of a system pulled on and attached to a bag that collected the urine. The bag was hung on the side of the bed. It wasn't an indwelling catheter. I can't remember the name of the system but I think there must be newer ones. I don't know if this would work or be necessary for your husband.
Hi Angela,

I hope you are able to track down the incontinence nurse - they are very knowledgeable.

In the meantime take a look at this https://www.ageukincontinence.co.uk/mal ... -24mm.html
I think this might be what Greta is referring too.

Melly1
Melly, mine really was called a continence nurse, not an incontinence nurse! A bit like the use of the term 'mental health' when it isn't... and I remember now, my neighbour across the road turned out to be an ex-continence nurse, but why the GP couldn't trace them I have no idea. It occurs to me that the device is also called a sheath.
Request a referral to a urology clinic.