[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Frozen meals - Carers UK Forum

Frozen meals

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Hello, my elderly mum is becoming increasingly disenchanted with Wiltshire Farm Foods so I’m researching possible alternatives. Oakhouse seem to have very variable reviews. Does anyone have good reports of frozen meals delivered to the door please?
Hi,
We had a thread on this.

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... =Wiltshire

Most people seem to like Wiltshire Farm Foods but my brother didn't and I could see his point. I recommend Cook! who apparently do deliver to the door but they are expensive.

https://www.cookfood.net
Do we assume there is a dislike to marks and waitrose meals.
Add Iceland to those two ?
Elderly people gradually lose their sense of smell and taste, so it's not the food that's bland, it's their ability to taste/smell!
[/quoteDo we assume there is a dislike to marks and waitrose meals

If you have carers in it's good to have things that you can microwave from frozen. M&S definitely have things you can freeze, but they don't give advice on how to microwave from frozen.
[/quoteElderly people gradually lose their sense of smell and taste, so it's not the food that's bland, it's their ability to taste/smell

This is certainly part of it, you are right, Bowlingbun. But please try Wiltshire Farmhouse Foods and report back!
I never buy frozen meals! Mum passed away a few years ago.
No, I didn't think you did and I didn't think we were talking about your mother. I just wanted to emphasize my opinion of Wiltshire Farm Foods. :) The very name is suspicious.
I mentioned mum because she did have Wiltshire Farm Foods and various other meals delivered to her home, but she said they all tasted the same, unaware that the problem was her dwindling taste buds, not the food itself.
Ah yes. We didn't use them for long.