Useless family

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Elizabeth_1602123 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:32 am
Hi OP, Sorry you are having a hard time with this I have the same with my Mums brother, my Aunt and cousin. My Mum has never done anything wrong and they have seen her 4 times in 20 years. What gets me is that she thinks they are nice people,and runs after them by doing things like sending cards and money
Not once have they offered her any type of help, support anything. I absolutely will never have anything to do with them ever again. This year has been really hard as well with my Mums health has got really bad, we have been to every hospital in Leeds so far and she has had about 20 appointments up to this point.
What I would advise is just totally forget about them and just consider them as dead and dont engage with them at all. Thats what I do and it helps. You are too good to be wasting your time on people like this. Also they are jealous about your degree by the sounds of it.
I can relate to this so much, and am glad you shared it with me as it has really made me feel so much better that I’m not the unreasonable one here! Sadly I can resonate with a lot of your experience and I agree the time has come to cut them off once and for all.
I wish you and mum all the best xx
jenny lucas wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:03 am
Make sure you cut these vile people out of your life completely. NEVER EVER waste a moment on them. And if they EVER need help they can whistle and jump in the lake.

Secondly, ensure you have PoA for your mum, and ONLY YOU. Keep them WELL away from her.

Finally, make sure your mum's Will includes NONE of them - they get NOTHING. Not a single damn thing.

What a truly hateful bunch they sound. Make NO attempt to contact them, and cut them off completely. Deny them all contact with your mum and you.
Thank you so much for this, as silly as it may sound, it has stopped me from feeling as though I’m the unreasonable one. For so long I couldn’t bring myself to even post a message on here re family, I felt so embarrassed and ashamed.

I also agree that the time has come for me to cut them off completely, it is for the best for both of us, before any more damage is done.

Thank you so much again, it’s brought a massive sense of relief and just talking here with people who ‘get it’ has helped massively. X
Just to say thanks to all who have taken time out to reply to me - it’s helped immensely. Mum and I agree that the way forward is to go completely no contact and cut them off. This forum has given me the confidence to do this, and not feel bad about it. It is a shame they behave this way but I can’t have it impacting upon an already difficult situation any longer.

Mum is going to have her will sorted out and PoA to prevent them having input in important decisions should they ever arise.

Thank you so much, and hopefully I can get to know you all a little better (when I get the hang of this forum! :D )
Are you sure mum is claiming all the benefits she is entitled to? If not, contact our CUK helpline by email (phone always busy) and they can check for you.
You've EVERY right to feel deeply embarrassed and ashamed by them! They've behave despicably!

(How ANYONE can diss pharmacology I don't know - show them your textbooks! I'd like to see them make sense of a drug molecule!!!!! Their criticism only shows how stupid THEY are.)