[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
work at home? - Carers UK Forum

work at home?

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Hi
I am new to this site so I hope this message is in the right place.
I wonder if anyone has any advice on how to find some sort of genuine work i can do from home whilst caring for my husband.
Years ago there were jobs like making badges, cards, painting ornaments etc that paid badly but could be done at home.
I have answered several ads but all seem to be some form of pyramid pressure selling or sending spam emails by the trillion.
Any ideas?
Thanks
BarbaraJ
Hi. Places like the AA and RAC used to let you work from home answering calls etc. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but it is worth checking out. I think some catalogues do the same.
If you have any spare time away from your husband you could work for distribution companies such as betterware or Avon
Hi, I'm also new to this site but think I can help you. I nearly lost my home and was in a lot of debt, depressed, etc, etc, but found something I could do from home and earn good money from just a few hours a day. If you are able to get out for a couple of hours a day (or 2 / 3 times a week) this is something you could possibly do.

It's mainly putting out catalogues, collecting orders and delivering the goods! Obviously I cant advertise on this site but if you would like some info I can give you websites, etc, if you contact me. I hope that this can help you and wish you luck.
Manpower (BT call-centre) here in the Highlands have just started a work from home scheme. Might be worth checking with them in your region.

Take care
Meg