[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Which Rail Card? - Carers UK Forum

Which Rail Card?

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Wonder if anyone can give me advice. It will be a long, (long), way off, but my partner is hoping that one day he'll be able to travel by train - even one journey, is giving him hope for the future. Progress re his rehabilitation post stroke is just so slow, so anything which gives him something to look forward to, is put on my 'research list'!

He has a Senior Railcard, but I wonder if a Disabled Person's Railcard would be better financially? He qualifies on several criteria, re Blind, (pretty much wheelchair bound) and awarded higher rate AA. I am reading through both cards' info, but quite honestly, I never have enough time to really concentrate and read all the small print involved.

Also, as his carer, am I right in reading in the Equality Act 2010, that as his 'assistant' (the Act's words) and I have to be there for safety reasons, free travel for me must be provided?

Just starting to look at accessible train stations also, even though it would be sometime next year before (ever hopeful) we could contemplate such a journey, but it really gives him something 'to cling on to'!

Any help would be appreciated.

Blair
Hi Blair. Hubby has a disabled rail card and with this he and I (as his carer) both get reduced rates, but neither are free.
I havent read the small print, though, so it is possible that it shouldnt be like this.