Hi my caree was declared insolvent on 15th nov 2007. (Scottish law) Good news is as we live entirely on benefits. Accountant in Bankruptcy won't touch a penny of them. She also declared that as her carer. I can hire a chiropodist and nail technician and include them on her income and expenditure statement. Also all council tax/rent arrears, utility bills etc are written off as well as all your creditors. So it might be an option for you if your caree is struggling with debt. This advice is for tenants not home owners. So I hope this helps someone depressed by debt.