[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
VAT Car repairs - Carers UK Forum

VAT Car repairs

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Hi has anyone had sucess getting a local garage to accept they do not have to charge VAT for repairs on a WAV car, it is second hand but good our, cam bet snapped despite regular services and the engine is as they say totally buggered. The repair is going to cost 1750 plus VAT so its worth asking as its 350 just for VAT.
I have found a couple of entries on the HMRC website but wondered if anyone had some sucess the garage in question is not a dealership so they only have limited experience with WAVs but have always been very helpful.
Thanks Tony
In my previous experiences, it depends on the individual garage. Some will fill in the form and present it to their accounts dept no problem. Others dither about and say that they'll 'try' it. Others simply don't do it at all.
Best to ask each garage, every time.
Hi Tony,
Have you seen this site. http://www.goodgaragescheme.co.uk/
You might find a better quality of garage through this site.

Scruffy x
Thanks everyone, I downloaded the relevant form and blurb from the HMRC website garage was happy to do it saved £300 for once a result!
Image Image