[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
VAT - Carers UK Forum

VAT

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.

VAT

I just found out that as a carer I can import goods for disabled person I care for VAT free. Anything from a cane to a car.

Link to Customs website here
That's really useful Pippin, thanks. I'm sure many people don't know about it. I've moved it to this Tips and practical section.

Matt
Cheers Matt was not sure where to post it LoL
When dad got his new rise and recline chair last year the chap in the shop told me he was entitled to it VAT free because of his disability........quite a saving as you can imagine and I have passes this information on to other carers so they can get the discount too.
I got Mum a new wheelchair shopping bag online and didn't pay VAT, I just had to fill an extra form in.

Paula xx
Yes I've bought stuff this way too.

Did you know the local lloyds chemist has a catalogue too and if you fill in the vat exempt section you can get things this way too. Image

marie x
I never knew that Pippin, thanks very much for the info, I'm sure there are alot of Carers that would not be aware of that!

Take care
Maryann x