Teeth cleaning

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Does anyone have any advice about the best way to clean my son's back teeth? However careful I am I always seem to cause discomfort. He has got the smallest, softest toothbrush I can find. Image
Hi Rie, have you looked into rechargeable small round headed toothbrushes. My youngest hates brushing due to not liking water and heaves with toothbrushing. She says the rotating head tickles and tollerates this better than toothbrushes, ask the hygine nurse at the dentist to show you both, what about a magnifying mirror so your son can see where to brush? Hope this is of help. I was at the dentist this am with my daughter ~ wisdom teeth giving her trouble, good luck
Mand 65
Thanks, that sounds like a good idea and I'm sure my son would in time be able to brush his own teeth. I'll let you know how I get on.
Hi Rie - have you thought that it might be that your son is frightened of touching, or hurting, his soft palate with the brush and triggering his illness again?

If so, having a talk with him about it might help put his mind at rest and make brushing a bit easier.
Yes Charles I think you have a very good point there. Before treatment his soft palate was misshapen and pushed down on one side. Even though it has returned to the correct shape I think it is possibly still sensitive and therefore my son could very well make that association. He's not too keen on toothpaste either and says it tastes too strong ...
Was lucky enough to find a rechargeable toothbrush on offer where every little helps so will soon put this to the test. Need to get adaptor first cos it is supposed to plug in to a shaver socket, and I haven't got one.
Was lucky enough to find a rechargeable toothbrush on offer where every little helps so will soon put this to the test. Need to get adaptor first cos it is supposed to plug in to a shaver socket, and I haven't got one.

Image Image Image Image SUCCESS!!! Image Image Image Image
Brilliant! Well done!
Brilliant Image Image Image
Image Great stuff Image