[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Suspicions of the DWP - Carers UK Forum

Suspicions of the DWP

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Post a reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I wonder if anyone else has encountered this situation.
My mum went into residential care in November last year which is partially funded by SS and private contribution. I had a call from the home today to say that Department of Work and pensions is coming to see her to confirm that she is who she says and is living at the home. The home owner actually said they would check she was still alive!!
It is confusing as all her pension goes back to SS to pay for the home so they obviously don't talk to each other.
Unfortunately they will not give a time they are coming so I cannot be there but the owner of the home assured me she will be there. If they ask Mum questions about money she could say absolutely anything and I have asked the owner to tell them that they must speak to me. As I don't have power of attorney they may not agree to this. Mum will happily tell them to talk to me if she is coherent .
Its all very worrying.
Hi Kaycee,
If mum is not always coherent, someone should be her DWP "appointee". DWP should not visit without the appointee, I think. I was appointee for mum in law, but never had power of attorney.
10441109_803709659669026_2338440145013857464_n.jpg
10441109_803709659669026_2338440145013857464_n.jpg (27.06 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
https://www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for ... g-benefits

Kaycee....have a look at this, it may help?

Bell x
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable