[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Any tips for tablet taking?? - Carers UK Forum

Any tips for tablet taking??

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Hi all.

Just wondered if anyone had any tips on how I can ensure my husband remembers to take his tablets on time and also eat a lunch whilst I'm at work?

For the majority of days he does remember but it seems he's been forgetting for the last week or two and it's finally caught up with him and he's had two days of really bad confusion.

I've trird leaving him a lunch made up in the fridge but often come home to find he hasnt eaten it.

I'ts also difficult being at work because I can't pick the phone up every few hours to check up on him.

Any sugestions would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks!
Could you try setting an alarm clock for him. Perhaps he might remember that it's time to do something when the alarm goes off. You might also like to write down the instructions and put them where he can easily see them as well:-

Eg:-

1st alarm: Tablet time
2nd alarm lunch time
3rd alarm tablet time etc.
Thanks Beck thats a great idea. I'll try that and see how he gets on tomorrow.
Does your husband have a mobile telephone? If so, why not set the alarm on it, and when the alarm goes off it will actually state (obviously inputted) that he has to take his tablets.
Tablet taking.
We have have three alarm clocks on top of the microwave, which are set every day for either tablets or meals. Tablets are put in front of the clock for the time they should be taken. We have alarm clocks all over the house for this purpose. Some are secondhand.