[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Positive Affirmations work for me! - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Positive Affirmations work for me!

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Yes, funny you should say that it has taken me years too to actually practice meditation - god knows why but now I have taken the time to meditate I do feel stronger within myself. And I am the worlds biggest fidget even have a cuppa while I meditate but I do meditate. I've got a bit of an army of books on these subjects well I say I me & my wife Janet she bought them from Amazon - I'll post them on here if you like Ted Andrews is one I know you can or should be able to order from your local library ''How to meet & work with your spirit guides'' you may know some of this stuff - but his other books are all very different so with this one you get a feel for the author. Ummm hope that is also helpful hope it is god bless & thank you for your comments too - let's face it we all need all the help we can get in this world but positive affirmations is as good a start as any.
Ummm hope that is also helpful hope it is god bless & thank you for your comments too - let's face it we all need all the help we can get in this world but positive affirmations is as good a start as any.
Thanks bradstonian, I will have a look in the library. I am in middle of doing a Reiki 1 course just now, just have to work on myself for 21 days first so that I can then help others (friends and family) No money involved, just exchange a kind deed or even a cuppa! I have always had a bit of a sixth sense, and realise that we all have it , just some of us are more in tune with it than others. Its not something I actually tried to do, just seems to be part of who I am.Being a carer has given me the opportunity to explore my spirituality a bit more, still learning! Hoping this will also help me to stay positive and help others. My motto is to give it a try and then if its not for you then let it go.
Weemocass, meditation works for me too. It is 20 minutes of the day when I don't think about mum! No, it doesn't change the situation but it does somehow make it easier to deal with. Added benefit my blood pressure has dropped too.
Hi Anne001, yeah its fab isnt it? Wish I had learned how to meditate years ago. Definitely gives you a break from all your worries, which can only be good Image