[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Positive Affirmations work for me! - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Positive Affirmations work for me!

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
I do something similar, Eun. I picture myself surrounded by a forcefield when my husband gets frustrated and angry, as he can be very threatening.It really works.Mind over matter stuff Image
Yes I believe there is a lot of truth in this but it is not something that can be worked over night. But like you I surround myself with positive affirmations meditation works for me very well I have noticed a real difference since practicing it ''Remembering Who You Really Are'' by Caroline Cory, on You Tube - 20 minutes a day at some point - the same time is ideal but not essential.

I have also recently found a lot of strength in U2s song ''it's a beautiful day'' especially the B side of the c.d (as it were) ''summer rain'' whenever I play this song I feel better - so much better. The along with a number of positive books - in my case about meditation & similar subjects - really keeps my mood upbeat & positive - so I can relate to your comments - well done for posting your thoughts I appreciate it a great deal. Thank you.

But our state of mind - does play quite a big part in our lives I have always thought that too - your ideas are valid in my opinion & if it works for you then stick with it - if it works for you. I think we are all very different in how we cope with stress - which is as it should be - we are all very different. But trying to find ways to cope can only be a good thing - stick with it. Hope that comes across well - god bless & thank you once again for some great idea that is what this site is all about.
I tried this too. I started off by saying: "I drink more than the recommended amount and therefore I am going to die young of some horrid liver disease before I get to have a normal, demented and decrepit old age" and then thought how much I am doing for the local pubs and off licenses, keeping good local folk in jobs, not drawing my pension much past 85 by doing the decent thing and dropping dead before I need someone to button my flies for me, and helping the Chancellor of the Exchequer with his budget deficit. Bless you for sharing. Image
Bradstonian, I also practise mindfulness meditation. It helps me to relax and cope every day. As you rightly say, we are all different and find our own ways of coping. Sometimes you just dont know what to try though, as it took me years to realise what actually was out there, and what would work for me. Ive found that caring has taught me a lot about myself.
Scally , you made me chuckle!
[quote=
Scally , you made me chuckle![/quote]

" Aye, we are all doomed" says he, lugubriously.
I don't take anything very seriously : we are all doomed indeed. However, to me that sounds like a damned good reason to party like there was no tomorrow.
I tried this too. I started off by saying]http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
I can fully understand that viewpoint, Scally, and I think my father shared it, judging by the volume of booze he put away over the past 20 years. Image However, his liver has somehow survived but he now has dementia. Sometimes I think a swift death at 70 through liver failure might have been preferable to what the future now holds for him. But anyway, he still enjoys life at times (mostly when he has a beer), so that's something positive for him.
Deleted - Stupid ipad posted twice.
Well I cant drink, got gallstones ! So just pretend Im drunk when Im out and have a ball anyway Image True, life is too short, so make the most of what you have.
Hi
I am one of life's pessimists but am going to try and challenge that with positive thinking Image it's free and worth a try...... I particularly liked the comment and .. Failure is not an option... I was just starting to think it was and reading that and the other posts has picked me up
Hi
I am one of life's pessimists but am going to try and challenge that with positive thinking Image it's free and worth a try...... I particularly liked the comment and .. Failure is not an option... I was just starting to think it was and reading that and the other posts has picked me up
Hi Brilliant that you are giving it a try, please let me know how it goes