[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
any advice on facet joint injections - Carers UK Forum

any advice on facet joint injections

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Hi
my husband as just received his first appointment for facet joint injections in his spine, but we know nothing about it, Has anyone or do they know someone who as had these. It was over 6 months ago we visited the pain management team and they didn't explain them. Every thing else they suggested he tried but nothing helps or he cant manage to do, He's had a operation but its the pain will these help.

regards x
I had a lumbar steroid epidural for Facet Joint Syndrome about two years ago. The injection itself took minutes, but then I had to go to a recovery ward and they wouldn't discharge me until I'd had something to eat and been to the loo.

As I had to be at the hospital at 7.30 am - and they didn't take me down until 4.15pm (would you believe) I got to speaking to the other people - some of whom had great success with the injection and just came back for top-ups. I'm afraid to say it was a waste of a day for me - made no difference whatsoever, but I think they say it's about a 60/40 chance of working.

I now have acupuncture to keep the pain under control - 6 sessions to start and then I go for a couple of sessions every 4 months or so. Sometimes I do it with Osteopathy in between. An expensive option I'm afraid, but it does make the pain more manageable.