[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Fed Up - Carers UK Forum

Fed Up

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Getting really annoyed now. So it seems if i work I get next to no financial help but if i don't work then i can get help.. This is just ridiculous. I only work 14 hours a week so i can get C.A but can not get that yet as i am an irregular earner even though i reduced my hours and can provide 3 months payslips. Can not get a crisis loan as they take into account the money my mum gets but i don't see a penny of that (wish i knew what she spent it on). Can't get a budgeting loan or community care grant as i am not on benefits. Don't know what to do.

No wonder people do not work when you get more help if you don't work.
Not all of us who don't work get lots of help - we certainly don't. It takes 2 of us to care 24/7 for my son but only 1 lot of carers allowance is payable for a start. We only get the 25% discount on the council tax and that's it - no other help whatsoever.
Eun
All I can suggest is that you ring the Carers UK helpline. You mentioned mum's money - given her state of mind, I'm just wondering if she is "with it" enough to be handling her own finances. Perhaps discuss being an "appointee" with Carers UK too. Just wish I could think of something more for you.
Not all of us who don't work get lots of help - we certainly don't. It takes 2 of us to care 24/7 for my son but only 1 lot of carers allowance is payable for a start. We only get the 25% discount on the council tax and that's it - no other help whatsoever.
Eun
Sorry if i offended. What I meant was that you can only get help with budgeting loans and things like that if your on benefits even if you are in a crisis and are desperate and just don't think its right.
There's an awful lot about our current system which isn't right I'm afraid.
Definately phone or email the carers uk helpline.

I am sure any benefit you are entitled to personally should not take into consideration your mum`s income or benefits, unless she is paying you as her housekeeper....(you wish, I bet)xx