New forum Topic. Debt and how to cope with it.

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
also look at a dro and payplan is free if you want to enter a repayment plan on your debts. there is alot of free advice and help out there.
Top Tip I have learned:

Never give someone who suffers from extreme moods a credit card! (or women who like shoes...!!! Image )
Top Tip I have learned]http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_razz.gif[/img] )
Much to late for me I'm afraid. Lesson learned far too late along the line Image

Pete Image
I got into debt after my sone got a progressive bone disease, before that i was alright with 2 lots of high care, one high mobility and one low, then whoosh, i was being offered all kinds, loans and they became consolidation loans, then creditcards just uppin the limit and before i knew it i could not afford food, it went on years, about 1,100 a month or so, and then i forgot one credit card and that was the end of it i went to a solicitor, who really just used up the legal aid then said get lost, i then asked a debt company who wanted to take 900 a month off me as i got the money, i eventually wentbankrupt after trying to offer them all the money back at the rte of 500 a month between them for 4 years that would have given all the money back but no interest and they all refused, so in the end no one got anything, the first day of the rest of my life that was, a normal Judge who looked at the situation and gave a decision and it went in my favour as i get income support, beware of these credit people they are lethal, so are the debt agencies and the solicitors promising to help you, the only person you need is a Judge.
The debt was for equipmentmostly that i could not get from the OT and the credit cards went on food, not the high life, but commodes and bedrails.
Thanks for telling us Thethreeofus. Nice to know I'm not the only one who had to go bust on here. I too had the most lovely Lady Judge who was extremely sympathetic to our plight. She even congratulated me on lasting out as long as I had and hadn't any idea how I'd managed for so long! I too kept on consolidating credit cards and loans as the only way to survive.

The card company's were the worst. They just kept on upping our credit limits again and again, until it was impossible to pay them back. Even the two banks we were with, kept on persuading us to take out the most ridiculous loans Image

Glad you got it soughted in the end. It was the best and only thing for us to do, go bankrupt.

Pete
[quote]Thanks for telling us Thethreeofus. Nice to know I'm not the only one who had to go bust on here. I too had the most lovely Lady Judge who was extremely sympathetic to our plight. She even congratulated me on lasting out as long as I had and hadn't any idea how I'd managed for so long! I too kept on consolidating credit cards and loans as the only way to survive.

The card company's were the worst. They just kept on upping our credit limits again and again, until it was impossible to pay them back. Even the two banks we were with, kept on persuading us to take out the most ridiculous loans Image

Glad you got it soughted in the end. It was the best and only thing for us to do, go bankrupt.

Pete[/quote

Pete,
They are quite happy, once they have you trapped for you to go on paying the minimum every month, that is the interest and never touching the capital or balance of what you owe, i was up to the limit on one for over 2 years and paying interest only and they never said a word, in the end, after their threats of bailliffs, my thoughts was "take it and get out "
If you can't pay then youcan't pay.