[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nannicams - Carers UK Forum

Nannicams

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Hello - hoping for some advice please.
My mother is home after a brain haemorrhage . She has carers 3 times a day but In between we have family back and fore. I am the eldest daughter and to be honest most of the responsibility lies on my shoulders. My mother cannot use the phone very well, sometimes carers have been late or not arrived at all and sometimes promised visits by friends or family have not occurred. I live a mile away and I was getting very anxious wondering had the carers arrived or was she ok. Other times I would go down my mothers to find she had guests And so I needn't have worried. We have installed a nannicam which is a simple camera - it does not record and there is no sound. It gives me peace of mind As I can check from my house that All is well as in carers have been or she is sleeping - it is a great help. But i am now worrying about the legalities of it all. My mother knows About and thinks it is great. But what about the carers - I haven't mentioned it as I didn't want the to think it was anything to do with them as they Are all excellent.
Does anyone have the answer please?
I think we're all a bit stumped with this one, Worry, that's why nobody's got back to you. It's a difficult one with the Assistants about. Don't want to rock the boat if they're good ones, do you? But don't want to appear to be spying either. Hmmm, don't know, sorry.
I dont know if this would be best, but its what I think I would do in your circumstances.
I think I would be honest and tell the care workers about it, but stress its to check that your mum is OK when they are NOT there, not to check up on what happens when they are there.

Feel free to ignore this though....
No I agree I am going to just tell them. Ive had a look online and I think it's ok as there is no recording or sound but I would rather just be honest. It is nothing to do with the carers as such as they are fab but on occasion they have not turned up or have been very late. Mymother has then tried to make a cuppa herself and puts herself at risk. The camera eases my mind and keep my mother safe but I agree I will tell them.

Thank you
Xx
I think you are doing what you think is best for you and your Mum, if its your Mums home and her privacy surely it's her approval that counts. No good support worker would object, after all it's no different to you being in the house when they are present.

I am interested to know what system you are using.
I looked into this as I was going to start recording the visits of social services and I do record all calls now and wondered about the legality of it. Apparently you can do these things providing they are for your own use. Oh and you don't have to tell them because it is for your own use.

I think if you were going to show them at your local cinema there would be a bit of bother. Image

Scruffy x
I dont know if this would be best, but its what I think I would do in your circumstances.
I think I would be honest and tell the care workers about it, but stress its to check that your mum is OK when they are NOT there, not to check up on what happens when they are there.

Feel free to ignore this though....
I agree, its the most ethical thing to do.