[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mobile phone fell in the toilet or sink? - Carers UK Forum

Mobile phone fell in the toilet or sink?

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Be quick: fish it out, open the back, and stick it into a sealed container of rice. The rice will absorb the moisture, and within a few days, hey presto! With luck, it will work again just like new. Mrs Scally did this with her Blackberry last week, so it must be true.
PS, do remember to charge it up as well!
Note: this doesn't work when washed on a full cycle in your jeans pocket. Nor when you drop it into a very large jug of Sangria Image
I keep all those wee paper silica gel packs in my cracker jar. Keeps them fresh for weeks. Wish I could find a source for more of them ...
You need to take out the battery first.
I did this after dropping my phone in the bath, it was totally submerged!

It definatley works, I didnt remove my battery or anything else though and did not turn it off. Kept in a box of rice for two days and been fine ever since.
The rice method has rescued my phone from a full bath dunking and getting soaked when an extra large balloon full of warm water burst all over me during a science lesson soaking me including my phone which was in my pocket.

Melly1