[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loosing empathy - Carers UK Forum

Loosing empathy

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
I have been taking care of my brother with depression and my mother with anxiety for the past 3 years. I am so tired now. I understand they need love and support but now their only calls for help seem like a burden. I feel like I have zero **** to give. They don't support me or even ask how I am doing. Even when they do, I just don't feel that I can share anything with them for the fear of hurting them more. Sometimes I wonder whether I am a narcissist who demands attention but most of the time I just feel terribly lonely. I wish someone would understand me and see how much this is taking a toll on me.
Time to plan a holiday!
Seriously, everyone is taking you for granted, the only way they will appreciate you is by having to cope without you. You are running on empty, done too much for too long and have nothing left to give.
I totally agree. There's no way anything will change if you just keep taking your care for granted.