[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Disabled parking bays - Carers UK Forum

Disabled parking bays

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
I really need some advice .

So about 3 weeks ago I got a disabled bay fitted on my front as don't have drive way and need easy access to get my disabled child into the house.
When this first got fitted the neighbor directly facing me ( who as tried to bully everyone in this street!) was really not happy about it, as she spends most of her life coming out moving her car up and down, doesn't Evan go out in her car And Evan as a drive way u could easily fit 4 cars on, but Anyways, she was not happy at all, she told me it was no longer staying here. So I told her if she had a problem with it, to go and speak to the council. Witch she said again it would not be f'ing staying there so I told her again if she had a problem to go to the council the bay was there and Was staying there for my son. Witch she then turned around and said yes it's for your f'ing spastic son isn't it. So I've contacted the police about this because if I take the law into my own hands I would of saw my self being arrested and I care to much about my children, but yeah it's gone as hate crime, but because where neighbours she may get away with it!
But Anyways her and her partner now keep parking on there own front but online with our bay, so if we come along and park on the bay, the road is obstruction other drivers from getting by, and because they are there first we are obstructing, and get told to move our car!! Of the police!!! How can this he right?? this also isn't a one of thing, it's happening when ever they find the need to tourment and intimerdate us! If I had acces to a drive I would be parking my car in my front garden. Like they should do rather then disrespecting a disabled persons needs. Like they've been parked there 2 days now! It's so frustrating! Anyone Advice on what to do ere Please. I just want be able get my son in and out the house safely. I don't see the point in going through all the process of getting the disabled bay. When who ever can come and park when ever they want to. Theyll randomly park in the bay sometimes when the cars out. Then other times just park online with it but across the road so bay isn't accessible :-??? :blush:
Sorry to hear about this. First, keep a diary for a week. Take photographs - ideally ones which your camera dates automatically. Does your phone have a recording function? If so, accidentally on purpose record what is said. After a week or two, you should then have clear evidence to go to the police with. So for a week, don't get wound up, I know that's going to be difficult, but just think of it as them digging their own grave! A favourite saying of mine is "Revenge is a dish best served cold".
I also think you should go to the council that fitted the bay, and explain that the bay plus the parked car opposite means emergency vehicles would not be able to get through. Two possible solutions, they fit a dropped kerb, or paint yellow lines outside the house opposite!!!
Hi Tina,
How frustrating.
Excellent advice off Bowlingbun. Let us know how you get on.

Melly1
Hello Tina
I agree with Bowlingbun and Melly
How very cruel and spiteful to call your son such a horrible name. The neighbour will definitely get a come uppance for that!
bowlingbun wrote:Sorry to hear about this. First, keep a diary for a week. Take photographs - ideally ones which your camera dates automatically. Does your phone have a recording function? If so, accidentally on purpose record what is said. After a week or two, you should then have clear evidence to go to the police with. So for a week, don't get wound up, I know that's going to be difficult, but just think of it as them digging their own grave! A favourite saying of mine is "Revenge is a dish best served cold".
I also think you should go to the council that fitted the bay, and explain that the bay plus the parked car opposite means emergency vehicles would not be able to get through. Two possible solutions, they fit a dropped kerb, or paint yellow lines outside the house opposite!!!
Hi thanks for advice. I will do this. I do have pictures from over the last 2/3weeks, taken from my phone and CCTV. But when the police come out because they where parked before us yesterday we got told to move our car. So not sure where we stand with them. Because previously police have told them to move. But yesterday we got told if we didn't move our car the police would move it for us. So we at to move it. I'm taking all pictures to the council on Monday, to see if we can get something sorted. It's gonna drive me insane because there's nothing I can do. I don't get how there can be such selfish people. There not Evan a blue badge holder and purposly parking, if council did put yellow lines on there front, they would just constantly park on our bay. Its so annoying because she's called my gawjuss child a spastic, then her and her partner still carrying stuff on, trying to intimidate us. An because we have children an don't wanna risk anything, we can't Evan say boo. No one else would actually dream about parking on some else bay, it's there for a reason. It's about respecting. Speically when you've a massive drive way witch fits both there cars on plus room for another 2.
There clearly doing it to annoy us, because why would u leave it there 2 days keep coming in and out. Actually rubbing there hands together But both parked on there front so we can't Evan park further down.... I will not allow my self to be pushed to there level.
I find it incredible that the police would expect you to move your car as it's in a clearly marked disabled bay. Surely regardless of who parked first that should take priority, especially if they have plenty of room to park on their own drive. It's disgraceful. It must be so stressful for you, on top of everything else you have to deal with. Hang in there, and keep coming back for support and advice.

All the best.

Emma
Emma_1507123 wrote:I find it incredible that the police would expect you to move your car as it's in a clearly marked disabled bay. Surely regardless of who parked first that should take priority, especially if they have plenty of room to park on their own drive. It's disgraceful. It must be so stressful for you, on top of everything else you have to deal with. Hang in there, and keep coming back for support and advice.

All the best.

Emma
Thank you.
This is exactly what we thought. This is why it's so frustrating. People just no respect what so ever
Tina,
Whatever you do, keep outwardly calm. Play the long game. This is solvable, but you need to be the calm voice of reason, to highlight what totally unreasonable, selfish *!*!*!s your neighbours are.

Melly1
Melly1 wrote:Tina,
Whatever you do, keep outwardly calm. Play the long game. This is solvable, but you need to be the calm voice of reason, to highlight what totally unreasonable, selfish *!*!*!s your neighbours are.

Melly1
Thank you I will keep calm. I am a calm person have lot of patient. Just fed up and didn't know where to turn, after police making us move yesterday. But they checked with road traffic police and they confirmed we at to move. As they was parked there first. So wrong... If I was them I would be ashamed but there proud. They've clearly lost the plot.
Why not invite someone senior from the traffic department to do a joint visit with someone from the council? And maybe a journalist?