[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Continuing Healthcare, becoming an employer - Carers UK Forum

Continuing Healthcare, becoming an employer

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Can you help please? My father-in-law has been approved for a personal budget to pay for his PA. My mother-in-law also uses the same PA, but her care package is covered by Social Services. The CCG is telling me that I should become the PA's employer as it would make it easier to deal with any disciplinary issues that may come up in the future. I'm not happy to do that as I feel there could be legal implications for me if I went down that road. Does anyone know if it's possible for my mother and father-in-law to be joint employers of the PA with me nominated as their representative? Are there any cons to this type of set-up?

Thanks for any advice you can give.
I think this requires more specialised advice than the members here are qualified to give so I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

Freephone: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.
If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.
Talk to CHC and ask them to arrange a "Payroll Service" or "Fund Manager". Then you can say when and where you want the care, and who provides it, and they can do all the boring stuff like tax, insurance, etc. It's an unusual situation, maybe both parents could have the same manager and a common fund? Just and idea to think about, I know our CUK helpline will be able to give you "chapter and verse" about what to do, they are wonderful, but it may take a few days to respond to an email. Worth waiting for.