[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
IE v Firefox - Carers UK Forum

IE v Firefox

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
How come I can log in here using Internet Explorer, (IE7) but not through Firefox ... very odd!
Dunno, but I can do that using either.
I use IE if using dad`s pc, but on my laptop I use Firefox
Firefox here Image
IE here.
Finally sorted the problem: using Firefox's tools and error console I cleared all my old cookies for this site and started again: there must have been a conflict of some kind.
I prefer Firefox, less security problems, quicker downloads, and the interface is smoother.
How come I can log in here using Internet Explorer, (IE7) but not through Firefox ... very odd!
I'm using Firefox right now. Is it the latest version of Firefox- sometimes how up to date your browser is can make a difference. I have come accross websites that only work in one browser- my pre-pay Mastercard account's site the bit where you log on only works in Firefox, my son's school's website contact a teacher section even has a warning it won't work in Firefox, and Hotmail is optimised for IE (Internet Explorer) (in fact if you have any log in/log out issues their first advise is install IE9) and they have said to me it is optimised for IE so they cannot guarrentee it works in Firefox when I couldn't log out.

Re:

[quote]Finally sorted the problem]

Some sites don't like to see cookies from when you last visited them (any Windows Live/Hotmail log in/log out issues along with install IE9 they also say clear out your cookies) where as others use cookies as part of the log on and you are best leaving them- Yahoo mail uses them as part of their anti-phishing stuff.
Ha ha!
Does anyone else use Open Office software? I recently migrated from my old (pirate, shhhh!) version of MS Office and I have been absolutely thrilled by the functionality and the way that it can instantly convert my old MS Office files. Obviously its great that it is free. I'm amazed that individuals, charities and small businesses are still purchasing licenses for MS Office in the mistaken belief that it is a better product: that's money down the drain as far as I can see it.