[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
How do you stay calm and cheerful all the time? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

How do you stay calm and cheerful all the time?

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Hello MissR ,,, hope things are improving for you. Are you any closer to getting anything done about you circumstances? I hope your visit at the CAB proves succesfull. Keep your chin up, I do know what its like.
I don't know how serious your husband's heart condition is, but you shouldn't need to walk on eggshells. Perhaps your gp (or his, if they are different) could help with some advice? Perhaps it will be easier to cope as you both become more accustomed to the situation?

Serious anti-depressants are invaluable, but only for clinical depression (ie being depressed without adequate cause, which by no means describes your situation) but you might find some herbal calming products helpful - a Boots pharmacist could advise you, or your gp if she is sympathetic.

If you force yourself to be calm and cheerful when all around you are people being grumpy and demanding you will end up having a heart attach yourself, and then what will become of them?

Good luck.
You can't.You shouldn't. It's not natural.Having said that, it does help me to :-
a) put all your favourite upbeat music onto ipod,or cd and sing along with it (at the top of your voice)
b) ask a friend to find the rudest/rauchiest jokes they can find from the internet and text them to you at random -at least one a week.
c)indulge in a large bar of the very best chocolate you can find at a time when you are least likely to be disturbed(DO NOT SHARE WITH ANYBODY!!)
d) a bacardi and coke works for me at the end of a particularly stressful day. Image
You can't.You shouldn't. It's not natural.Having said that, it does help me to ]http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_wink.gif[/img]
I agree with flossie with absolutely everything she says, except I would leave out the coke. Image
My husband was diagnosed with a heart problem just last week- initially it was scary( and very unexpected) but he was given an excellent prognosis and what stresses him is me being nice to him all the time Image We just make jokes about it. Whilst he was unaware of his condition he was off around the world doing a very stressful job and he survived that thankfully. Having a dicky ticker isn't the end of the world- lots of heart conditions can be controlled or completely cured in some cases. Even when the prognosis isn't so good many people can maintain a good quality of life for many years with the right treatment and attitude. I know loads of people with heart problems who are just getting on with it. Although it's important to avoid too much stress I don't think anyone can expect a stress free existence. As others have said, I think it would be wise to find out more about your husband's condition.