[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Home Working - Carers UK Forum

Home Working

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Does anyone have any information/resources/links on homeworking? I believe you can earn up to £90 per week to supplement your Carer's Allowance and I really need to find a channel to do this from. Money is becoming very tight. Image
Just in case:
working hours allowance has different rules with different benefit. If you are getting any other benefit than CA, be careful and it is worth checking it before.

Take care.
You have a good point there Fluffycat. I am on Income Support, and I am sure that after earning say, £90 a week, my Income Support will be deducted, which is nearly half of the £90. I hope this will help. Brian
i do a very small part time job , just to stay in workforce . On income support and can earn up to £20 per week without it affecting i.s. not a lot but every little helps .
Does anyone have any information/resources/links on homeworking? I believe you can earn up to £90 per week to supplement your Carer's Allowance and I really need to find a channel to do this from. Money is becoming very tight. Image
Are you sure you and the caree(s) are claiming all you can?

Mike.
Yes, really check out how much you can earn Mullington. I remember one of the other Carers getting into trouble over earning a bit of money by painting up a shop front for a friend. I think he said someone shopped him. I believe you can earn up to £90 before loosing CA? Please dont take my word for it though, check it out first!!
As Mike says, are you claiming all you can? Worth asking DWP or better still CAB, Citizens Advice Bureau. A lady came round to see us at home and got us the night time allowance, which they had previously turned me down for. Even though I am up in the night with Jill every night, sometimes three times!

Pete
I work most days, whilst my caree is at school or at evenings and weekends when I have backup from the family, and I get paid by results. I choose when I work, my travel expenses are paid from the door, I work as many hours as I want, and the pay is pretty good - good enough to get me off carers allowance anyway. Many of my colleagues are still working into their seventies, because they love the flexibility and also enjoy the work.
http://www.mrs.org.uk/careers/career.htm
Ever wondered how new products are developed? Or why customers choose one brand over another? Or what makes the government decide upon a particular policy?

The answer normally involves market, social or opinion research. Such research informs nearly all levels of economic, social and political decision-making and is a booming industry in the UK, worth over £1 billion a year.

A career in market, social or opinion research is fast-moving, intellectually-challenging and diverse, allowing you to get involved in the key decision-making processes of a wide variety of companies and industries, from global corporations to local authorities, from your first day at work.