[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GPS trackers - Carers UK Forum

GPS trackers

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Anyone had any experience of using GPS trackers with elderly people?
Thanks
No, but my son carries an iPhone and I can track his movements down to the precise location in real time using the 'find my iPhone' app. Very handy, and less intrusive than a tracker.
Scally, I think every teenager and twenty-something offspring should have one of those!!! :) :)
Lucy I think there was a fair bit about this a while back in the media - but as I recall a lot of people were against the idea in general as they see it as an invasion of privacy. I thought that someone here had written about it but I've had a good search and can't find anything - as I recall it was in connection with a parent with dementia.

Both AgeUK and the Alzheimer's Society make mention of GPS trackers on their websites - perhaps you might find more information there ?
Thanks for the comments. Susie, will have a look at the other websites, thanks.
Hmmm. A few years back....didn't this charity (CUK) become linked in some way with an IT company? Might be some value in checking that connection, might or not be relevant to you.
Lucylocket26 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:49 pm
Anyone had any experience of using tiny GPS trackers with elderly people?
Thanks
Spot, AMERICALOC, Spytec are good personal trackers. Spytec has a battery life of about two and a half weeks, tracking my father in real time via Google Maps. I can always know where he is, whether it is gathering with friends or walking in the park alone, or walking too far, I can know in time. It is essential to ensure his safety.
Lucylocket26 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:49 pm
Anyone had any experience of using GPS trackers with elderly people?
Thanks
Yeah I have to agree Yar.

My favorite of those is the Spytec because of the battery life and the reliability.

I'd just search on Amazon. Can always tell the top products by the customer reviews!
This is an old thread. Lucylocket last visited the forum in May 2017. I am therefore locking this thread.

Melly1 moderator