Getting a scooter for Dad?

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
I'm sure the chargey end bit could have an extension lead, or an electrician could fit a new longer lead. Isn't it silly that something specifically aimed at the disabled hasn't addressed this issue and made it really easy?!
Both my Husband's mobility scooters & electric wheelchair had a charging point in the armrest as well as on the actual battery. It might be worth checking on your Dad's scooter in case there is one on his armrest.
bowlingbun wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:03 pm
I'm sure the chargey end bit could have an extension lead, or an electrician could fit a new longer lead. Isn't it silly that something specifically aimed at the disabled hasn't addressed this issue and made it really easy?!
Now theres an idea. Wonder if we could get a lead fitted that makes it longer and leave that bit in and srap around seat post or something.

Just found on ebay - you can get solar chargers too! Now theres an idea!
My husband was an engineer, and my son is too.
Eldest son rewired his Fordson tractor at the age of 13. Passed his tractor test on his 16th birthday. Both have always tinkered with old machinery and at various times they have come into the kitchen with a "what have you got to …" We should all have degrees in "thinking laterallyl"
Did you know that a teapot spout is really good for a blocked oil way in a lorry hub..?" I declined the offer of having it back!