[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
General tips - Carers UK Forum

General tips

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Hi, most of you already may do this and it may have been posted earlier,but here is my guide to everyday stuff. Partner has no function in right arm and 30% now in left arm.
1. always make sure next toilet roll is ready (glue bit removed)
2. Change to loose lid containers for tea, sugar and coffee
3. Pull the tab of the milk bottle
4. Open the mail but is important you hand them the contents unread.
5. If they wear glasses. Clean them before they wake up.
6 If you see men lurking in the sanitary towels area, give them space, they are on a mission Image
7 Stop saying sorry, when you dress them.

6 and 7 were added by Tracy my disabled partner, she does not get wrapped in cotton wool. I just let her get on with stuff, she asks when she needs help, well tbh flings it at me Image
Always make sure there is enough water in the kettle for a cuppa Image
And enough tea bags.

We ran out the other day... Image Image Image
Would be world war 3 if we ran out of teabags Image Image
And enough tea bags.

Charles, that's terrible - I can't start the day without a strong cup of Yorkshire Tea Image

Paula xx
And enough tea bags.

You would be shot in my house!!!!! Image

Dont you know its a criminal offence, under section "elevenses" of the justice act Image
And enough tea bags.

You would be shot in my house!!!!! Image

Dont you know its a criminal offence, under section "elevenses" of the justice act Image
Guilty as charged, m'lud, but let off with a caution: funny thing is we ALL forgot - even Gill, who is sometimes referred to as the teapot, because of the quantity of tea she drinks. Neither of us have lived it down...