[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Frozen meals - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Frozen meals

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
My caree dumped Oakhouse in favour of WFF :) She's also been investigating a company - can't remember the name - which does similar but long-life meals which don't need freezing. I think they advertise in supplements somewhere ...
Aldi do some really nice ready meals and are very reasonable. The ones my Mum has range for around £2.00- £4.00.They are not delivered to your door but worth it I think. Obviously you can freeze them but they come chilled.Shes had- lasagne, cottage pie, chicken stew and dumplings, a chicken dinner etc.
I'd give these a try.
The problem is that if you have carers coming in, it's good to have meals that can be microwaved from frozen. Carers won't think to defrost a meal the day before.
Is WFF any good or not? I work full time and need some meals I can quickly heat up in the microwave for dinner particularly. If Wiltshire Farm Foods is not good, can anyone recommend any other companies? Thanks in advance!
Elizabeth_1602123 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:55 pm
Aldi do some really nice ready meals and are very reasonable. The ones my Mum has range for around £2.00- £4.00.They are not delivered to your door but worth it I think. Obviously you can freeze them but they come chilled.Shes had- lasagne, cottage pie, chicken stew and dumplings, a chicken dinner etc.
I'd give these a try.
I might try them then. They sound delicious!
My Mum was a great cook and never ate any convenience foods. However when she got into her 90s she had days when she was so tired she could hardly stand let alone cook. A couple of days a week she went to a luncheon club and weekends she was at mine so I knew she was eating well at least 4 days a week.

I used to buy her frozen ready meals from Tesco for emergency use. She liked the cottage pie, shepherds pie and lasagne. They were very reasonable.

I used to visit a lady who had WFF meals and they never looked that great. My 90 year old Auntie had WFF meals for a few weeks but didn’t like them so has stopped. She was a cook in her younger days.