[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lavender soap - Carers UK Forum

lavender soap

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Thats amazing.
It works on wooden floors too, great for removing red wine stains and chewing gum after parties. Image Image Image Image
Lavender in ANY form is a godsend. Image

I occasionally get an inflamed muscle in my back, ever since I tore it 20 years ago lifting Mum off the toilet. When it goes into spasm I turn into Quasimodo for a few days and can't get comfortable vertically or horizontally, so sleeping is really difficult. Now I have my trusty pure lavender oil always handy and when it happens, I just mix a few drops in a little amount of carrier oil (almond or similar) and get hubby to rub it into the muscle, and within a few minutes the pain has gone and it gives me a good 6 hours of relief. Image

I have a lavender plant in my garden and often put a few sprigs on my pillow or in the bath for a good night's sleep.

Did you know it's also brilliant for burns? A French cosmetic chemist (Maurice Gattefosse) was working in his laboratory in 1920 and had an accident that resulted in a third degree thermal burn of his hand and forearm. He plunged his arm into a vat of lavender oil thinking it was water. To his surprise, the burning stopped within a few minutes, and with the continual application of lavender oil over the following few weeks, the burn healed completely without any trace of a scar.

My medicine chest consists of lavender oil, manuka honey, colloidal silver and tea tree oil. That's about it.
OH has lavender and tea tree handsoap which doesn`t aggrivate his eczema. I adore the smell of lavender and have some in a pouch as a tie back for the bedroom curtains, so at night it is right above my head wafting in the fresh air.

Take care
Meg