[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ENERGY BILLS - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

ENERGY BILLS

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
I've been a British gas customer for three years every year I get a rebate of £140.00 because I'm disabled
I get the same every year
My flat gets really cold in the winter
any tips or advice to make it wormer
I think you should be entitled to free cavity wall insulation. Draughts make a place cold. Make sure doors and windows fit well. What sort of heating does your flat have? Do you have carpets and underlay?
We have an old boiler in our flat old radiators
they will not give new because I have a learning disability
Simon, that is clear discrimination. Do you have a support worker or a disability rights organisation to help you deal with this?
Simon, this isn't a solution, but I can definitely advise hotwater bottles. I 'live' with one all winter - I've got one on my lap now, as I type! They are really comforting, and can make a chilly place much more tolerable.

And, of course, lots of layers of clothing, especially a warm thermal vest and possibly leggings too. Plus woolly socks! They can really make a difference.

Kind regards, Jenny
I have a carer I'm not sure on disabilities rights
Your carer should be able to support you on this matter, or find someone who can.
Its come to something when you are frightened to put the heating on and live in fear and dread of the bill dropping through the letter box. The massive profits of the energy companies sicken me.