[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Discretionary Housing Payment. - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Discretionary Housing Payment.

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Dad`s DHP was half what he got last year and only awarded until January, but it all helps.

These council letters are computer generated and sent automatically, hence the reason they are sometimes sent to people with special circumstances. The local council should have a welfare rights worker who will check you are getting all you are entitled to as it is in their best interest to do so as clients falling into rent arrears is costly to them for administration.

Hope you get sorted out.xx
When assessing a DHP claim, the assessor will view the information on a claim and in effect point score it against the criteria they are looking for. It is worth googling DHP for a few LAs especially your own, read through the list of things they are awarded for and write your own claim out trying to get as many ticks as possible. Hope that makes sense.
Same as job application really looking at person spec and job spec. . You need to stand out from the herd to get noticed and make it as easy as possible for the assessor so don't include loads of uneccessary waffle.
you mean Saint Nicola :lol: :lol: considering she is just the leader of SNP and is not even fighting for a seat, I don't hold out much hope. it's all show. she is not a MP so how she thinks she can change the world is ????
I wonder if a lot of people will vote Milliband rther than SNP when it matters for fear of Cameron? Thursday will be fascinating- I wish Ihad asked for Friday off work so I could sit and stay up all night- yes I know very sad!