I'm a student myself and it was only by chance I heard of this grant.

So for any parents with disabled children looking to go to university its really worth enquiring about.

Basically the student will have an assessment of needs and their local educational authority will pay for equipment such as computers or library assistants, classroom assistants.

It's been such a help as I couldn't afford to pay for a new computer and having someone help me in the library has been a great help, I didn't want a classroom assistant so I was given an alpha smart which is a small electronic notebook i can type notes onto in class then hook up to my computer so I don't have to hand write anything.

Just thought I'd make a post so that any parents can know theres always supoort available.