[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Disabled parking bays - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Disabled parking bays

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
bowlingbun wrote:Why not invite someone senior from the traffic department to do a joint visit with someone from the council? And maybe a journalist?
Hi
Thanks how do I go about doing this please?
I am going into speak to the council on Monday, because it's beyond a joke now. Both of there cars still parked there. With a massive drive way free, So self hearted. I wouldn't be going on if there wasn't a bay there, but there is a marked bay that we at go through a process to get, witch I need for my 6 year old boy. Surely disabled people should have rights when it comes to there disabled bays. If these people went blocking a disabled bay up or parking on a disabled bay at asda or somewhere like that, they would get a ticket. I'm so confused and frustrated with it all.
Normally I'd suggest ringing them up, but a letter on this occasion might be more helpful, just brief, along the lines of

Following a recent series of problems with my newly installed disabled bay, I'd very much appreciate it if you could arrange a joint visit with the Police / Local council with a view to resolving these problems.

(No need to go into details, the person concerned should then ring up to find out more information).
bowlingbun wrote:Normally I'd suggest ringing them up, but a letter on this occasion might be more helpful, just brief, along the lines of

Following a recent series of problems with my newly installed disabled bay, I'd very much appreciate it if you could arrange a joint visit with the Police / Local council with a view to resolving these problems.

(No need to go into details, the person concerned should then ring up to find out more information).
Ok thank you for help. I will write letter in morning and post.
Hiya
I've had obnoxious neighbours in the past and taken the easy way out and moved house. Twice! I completely understand how horrible you are feeling. You are on edge all the time, your stomach is rolling or sinking, you are constantly looking out to see where their cars are, constantly anxious, can't relax or settle to anything and on top of all that you have your little lad to worry about. Horrid situation.
Given that you probably cannot do as I did and 'run for the hills' then talking to the council is a good idea, but how about contacting Citizens Advice to ask for help?
There may be a service where you could talk to these people with an advocate in the room with you and try to find out what their problem is. Might be that they are just sub human monsters of course. (How DARE she call your son names?) Horrible creatures.
However you need someone with a bit of 'clout' to fight for you.
Lots of solicitors give one free consultation which might be something to bear in mind.
I wish you all the luck.
Elaine
Elaine wrote:Hiya
I've had obnoxious neighbours in the past and taken the easy way out and moved house. Twice! I completely understand how horrible you are feeling. You are on edge all the time, your stomach is rolling or sinking, you are constantly looking out to see where their cars are, constantly anxious, can't relax or settle to anything and on top of all that you have your little lad to worry about. Horrid situation.
Given that you probably cannot do as I did and 'run for the hills' then talking to the council is a good idea, but how about contacting Citizens Advice to ask for help?
There may be a service where you could talk to these people with an advocate in the room with you and try to find out what their problem is. Might be that they are just sub human monsters of course. (How DARE she call your son names?) Horrible creatures.
However you need someone with a bit of 'clout' to fight for you.
Lots of solicitors give one free consultation which might be something to bear in mind.
I wish you all the luck.
Elaine
Hi
thanks for advice.
I didn't think about citizens advice. I will also contact them on Monday.
Moving isn't really a option it's taken this long to get my son settled and use to the new house, and he's school bus route is still the same. You'd think with her calling my son what she did, that there would be bail conditions but in stead she's intimerdating. No one actually likes her in the street, they all warned me as soon as I moved in. She also pushed the last couple and children out of this house. I'm not gonna allow her to do it with us. Thinking she owns the street! If they can't sort it with her, they'll have to put me a drive way in. There's plenty of room in my front garden for it. It's just really annoying looking over how much room is on there drive way, and they've playing game blocking our bay with there 2 cars. I've been wanting to show a picture. But not sure if I could get into trouble posting online :-???
I think the fact that she effectively forced the previous residents out of the house is important. Is it a housing authority property, or your own? She is clearly unpleasant if your neighbours warned you about her. I'm not sure how "anti social behaviour" is defined - might be worth asking CAB?
bowlingbun wrote:I think the fact that she effectively forced the previous residents out of the house is important. Is it a housing authority property, or your own? She is clearly unpleasant if your neighbours warned you about her. I'm not sure how "anti social behaviour" is defined - might be worth asking CAB?
Hi
Thanks
Yes the house is council. There's is owned. That's why she as the upper hand. We have a local community Bobby. He came the other day to speak to us, said he had been dealing with her for years. I asked him so why is she just getting away with it, and he said he really did not know why. But he was looking further into this bay for us. Because him self would never think about parking or blocking a disabled bay up. She's Evan attacked one of the neighbours and isn't aloud to go near there house, and she as children. Who u never ever see her with because there always locked behind closed doors. They spend most of there life on there cars. Knowing what there doing to people. Clearly got no life.
I'm lucky I have support from my neighbors and my sister and cousin also live in this street too. An talking on ere. Otherwise think I would of lost it by now.