[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Deep skin cleanser needed - Carers UK Forum

Deep skin cleanser needed

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
A friend of mine who is a care worker has rang this morning.One of her new clients is a gentleman who has neglected himself.She needs a deep skin cleanser.I know of cleansers but not as deep as she needs.

Anyone got any ideas.
washing up liquid (not fairy) and sugar (matt uses this to get oil and various other things that stick to him like a magnet at work off)

or swarfega

failing that bleach Image
or is it for private parts? coz swarfeega or sugary washing up liquid might be a bit well erm not good.
or is it for private parts? coz swarfeega or sugary washing up liquid might be a bit well erm not good.
Bleach might not be too good either Image Image Image
depends if he is annoying or not Image
i have been looking on google for this,, its kept me very entertained but i have found nothing.

washing up liquid though is good enough to clean our plates with and gets through grease, it may be the best bet
Had a friend and her husband came in filthy every day as he laid tar. The only thing that worked to clean him in his bath was "Ariel" soap powder. She used to whisk it up in a jug with boiling water, add it to the bath as it was running, and voila, bubblebath! Never fancied it much myself.

Was reminded of someone else who never bought shampoo or conditioner and used washing up liquid and fabric conditioner. She had the most wonderful head of shiny hair I have ever seen.

What about baby wipes, they have a multitude of uses and if you warm them first they are like a mobile shower. I have packets in the car, bathroom, handbag etc., etc.,

Take care
Meg
Thanks for the replies.
As far as I can gather its deep ingrained on likes of hands and feet.Will know more later.
"Epaderm" available on prescription is used for dermatitis and dry skin conditions. If applied at night and washed off in the morning it takes ingrained dirt from feet and tobacco stains from fingers. That might be worth a try and more soothing than some of the other remedies here!

My brother in law used to use baby oil on ingrained dirt and reckoned it just washed away the dirt with shower gel after about half an hour of massage.

Will be interested to read the feedback on what worked best.

Take care
Meg
meg u saying about the washing u powder we use those tablets, matt rubs them in his hands and uses it all over,,