[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers Agency Refund strategy help - Carers UK Forum

Carers Agency Refund strategy help

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
You may recall that I posted before Christmas about the incompetence of a care agency I was employing for Dad. I rang them dozens of times to resolve issue after issue over invoices raised erroneously. There were further disputes over what CHC had agreed to pay which I also resolved verbally. Prior to Christmas I was so relieved to get at least 2/3 of my refund that I couldn't be bothered to dig further. I have now prepared a proper statement and am still due over £50 of refund.
I've emailed the accounts office and received a daft reply back so I am not expecting an early resolution although I have obviously replied.
I suspect their incompetence and inadequate records will mean this drags on so the question is - at what point and how is it a good time to threaten further action- either legal recovery through small claims or referral to CQC?
This dog is not letting go of the bone.
I'd go to CQC first, hopefully they'll help. If not, then you still have the option of making a small claim. Be sure to keep the LA informed too, so they don't recommend this company to anyone else.
The threat of a small claim would be brilliant, because they will also have to pay your costs of some £50 or so to file the claim if they choose not defend it, plus their own legal fees, so they will settle just to wash you out of their hair!
I would love to see a case like this on Judge Rinder :twisted: